The following Terms and Conditions govern the use of Engage Red Deer. The software platform is owned by Social Pinpoint Pty Ltd and operated by us, The City of Red Deer.
Terms of Engagement:
We believe in engaging with our citizens and our public, and creating space for open and transparent dialogue between citizens. However, we must also ensure our online spaces are fair, open and safe for all. With this in mind, we ask that you treat each other and us with respect when commenting and engaging in our social media spaces.
Comments of the following nature may be removed at the discretion of The City:
- Abusive behaviour, including comments (whether text, emoji, or media) which are hateful, profane, discriminatory, inappropriate or offensive, promote violence or illegal activity, or are intended to threaten, harass or personally attack someone, including but not limited to City staff, elected officials, or members of the public.
- Misinformation, including non-factual information shared as truth. Misinformation can be dangerous when misinterpreted as fact in serious scenarios, such as those relating to public health and safety, or democratic processes.
- Spam, including comments or messages which are designed to direct peoples’ attention to something off-topic or irrelevant to the topic at hand; spam messages are often repetitive, often promote a commercial product, service or entity, and often redirect people to other websites or locations. Spam links are often considered potentially dangerous.
The City of Red Deer maintains sole discretion to determine which content is inappropriate or may be removed. Users who repeatedly and/or continuously share deceptive or dangerous content will be removed and/or restricted from our social media pages. Wherever possible, The City will notify users if their comment is removed and invite them to reframe and repost in an appropriate manner.
Can your account be suspended or terminated?
We may terminate or suspend access to your site and/or account immediately, without prior notice, including without limitation if you breach the Terms. We may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all the related files and information in your account. After your account has been terminated, the content you have posted may also remain indefinitely on the site.
If you want to terminate your own account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What content do we own?
This website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, patents, trade secrets and other proprietary information (“Intellectual Property”) of The City of Red Deer and its suppliers and licensors. The City of Red Deer owns and retains all proprietary rights in the intellectual property. All intellectual property in the content of this site including without limitation to text, software, source code, pages, documents and online graphics, photographs, sounds, audio, video and other interactive features are owned by or licensed to us.
Any original content that you submit or post on our site may be made available to the public and allows users to share your content (with the end user acknowledging your contribution) under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License.
Except for Intellectual Property which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, alter, transmit, sell, distribute any of the Intellectual Property on this site.
We are not responsible for your communications or dealings, including payment and delivery of goods or services, with a third party found via our website. Any loss or damage incurred from those communications or dealings are solely between the user and the third party.
What are the conditions with a user’s account?
We are not responsible for the content on the site that has been provided by the users of the site. Any content posted by you is subject to the rules of our Moderation Policy. Your contribution to the site may be edited, removed or not published if we consider it inappropriate (refer to Moderation Policy). Contributors should also be aware that their posts may remain online indefinitely. Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself, deal with us on an anonymous basis or use a pseudonym.
What do we require from our users?
You must understand and agree that, without limitation:
- all information, data, images and other materials are the sole responsibility of the person from whom the content originated;
- you are prohibited from advertising or offering to sell or buy any goods and services
- you cannot transmit content that contains software viruses or programs designed to change or destroy the functionality of any computer software or hardware; or
- you cannot collect or store personal data about other users of the site
- you cannot impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation to a City of Red Deer representative
- you cannot interrupt or interfere with the site or servers or networks connected to the site
- you cannot attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site or other use accounts
What happens if these Terms change?
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time without notice. The most recent version of the Terms can be seen on this page. By continuing to access or use our site after those revisions become effective, you agree and will comply to the revised terms. If you do not agree to the revised terms, please discontinue using our site.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.